11.6.12

Haute dogs


Chilli cheese fries, the Toulouse and Wagyu beef haute dogs, grapefruit mineral water 


Toulouse: freshly grilled Berkshire pork sausage w/ sauteed onions, rosemary mushrooms and truffle aioli on a toasted brioche roll
Wagyu beef: wagyu beef sausage served up on a rustic roll w/ butter and garlic mash, herbed gravy and topped with sauteed onions 



When I first saw the Snag Stand while exploring Westfield Sydney, me and my sister swore we'd eat there one day, and we finally did yesterday. We went to the city with the intention to rape the end of financial year sales, eat at a nice restaurant for dinner and see the Vivid Lights light show, but when it started getting dark (i.e. when Vivid started), it started raining pretty badly and it was freezing cold outside. So instead of eating at a nice restaurant and going Vivid, we decided to just eat in the food court and finallllyyyyy tried their haute dogs. I'm assuming 'haute' is pronounced just as 'hot', but in my mind I keep saying 'haughty', which is kinda embarrassing.. :( I ordered the wagyu beef and my sister had their Toulouse, and we shared a side of chilli cheese chips. The hot dogs were gooood, a million times better than the shit we'd buy at the school canteen, and seriously satisfying when you're tired and freakin hungry after walking around Pitt St mall and Westfields all day. The chilli cheese chips sounded so unhealthily delicious so we bought them without really thinking about it that much, and they turned out to be reeeally heavy. But worth trying. But I probably wouldn't order them again, or if I did then I wouldn't get both a hot dog and chips. :( But overall, these hot dogs were totally worth it and my sister and I have decided that we have to try the rest of their menu, ahehehe. With such dreary weather, me and Nick have been watching the Jurassic Park trilogy over the three-day weekend, one movie a day. Hope everyone's enjoying their long weekend!

No comments: