23.9.10

All we ever did was move around

Source: ErbenEsra

I was just listening to Losing It by NeverShoutNever! and it totally reminded me of last year, when I first got into them. It was almost a whole year ago when I first got into k-pop as well, but I know that at around this time, I was really into NeverShoutNever! and the similar. Anyway, it totally reminded me that I was meaning to say something about the graduation today.

Exactly one whole year ago, I didn't think I was really going to talk to you, and that we'd stay friends for long. You say that we won't drift, but honestly, I don't know if I believed that. I didn't think I'd see you ever again. At the time, even though you were graduating from school soon, even though it was this time when I should've been talking to you most and bonding before you were going to leave, we weren't talking properly. I don't know, but it was just one of those pauses in our friendship when we weren't talking to each other.

I'm glad I got to say goodbye to you before you left. Near the hall, between the doors and the grass, at least I got to say bye and give you a hug. We even got a photo, but to be honest, I never got to see it. I remember last year, graduation, it didn't really 'hit' me that the year 12s were really leaving. After the final assembly, I remember thinking in art and I realised that I hadn't really accepted that they were leaving and that this was almost definitely going to be the last time I would ever see you. Like yeah, it'd be cool if we bumped into each other on the roads, when I finally learnt to drive, but when would that even happen.

Who would've known that we'd be dating in only a matter of months.

Who would've known that a year after you graduated, we'd have been together for almost 8 months. That we'd go to RICE together, have fun together, go driving around together. We said goodbye, thinking we'd never see each other again, that talking to each other wouldn't really feel the same, that even though I was your little sister, graduating would leave our mega good friendship behind.

It's been 275 days since you first called. I'm so glad you did. ♥

No comments: