28.11.09

#356 Come on, come on, hate me

#045 Try a new recipe each month. (0/32)
In progress 28 November 2009

I made cookies with my sister today. :D The recipes from one of my sister's books, and they're like double chocolate cookies. Turned out alright, but we just have to make them look more appealing. LOLLL.

Ingredients
150g butter
150g golden caster sugar
1 egg yolk
250g self raising white flour
25g cocoa powder
100g plain dark, milk or white chocolate, broken into squares

Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the egg yolk, then sift the flour and cocoa powder. Mix together until a firm dough is formed. Knead lightl on a floured surface, wrap and chill for 20 minutes to firm up.

Roll out one-quarter of the dough on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and cut out 9 circles, using a 5cm cutter. Put a square of chocolate on top of each circle of dough. Roll out anoter quarter of the remaining dough. Cut out 9 circles again, then use these to sandwich the chocolate sqaures and biscuits to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake in a preheated oven, 190*, for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, before transferring to wire rack.


So they taste like Tiny Teddies, I rkn. LOL. They're pretty good, though. But if anyone asks me for fricken cookies, then gtfo, cos they're not even mine LOL. Like, I was just helping my sister make them for her friend. So gosh, get your own cookies. :P And I would've added photos if I had a camera. 8-) LOLL.

No comments: